New Year… New Resolutions.
I’ve now officially lived in Los Angeles for over a year and feeling extremely motivated and excited for what’s to come in 2019. I’m a firm believer of the importance of writing things down. So every year I buy a planner to write down my goals and then use it to keep me on task day to day. Honestly I may or may not have an obsession with planners. I think it’s the OCD in me but most years I end up with two or three planners because I find another one I think is cute and that I’d use in a different way than the one I already have.
Anyways.. on to my resolutions. I’m a big dreamer but trying to keep my goals realistic yet big enough to push me this year. I put my goals into a few categories: Health, Acting, Spiritual, and Other.
Health: One thing I’ve learned about the human body is they are all different. Something that works for one person may not work for the other. It’s about setting a goal to help make you a better you.
- I’m starting off with “No Junk January”. I ate so so many treats over the holidays that I felt like my body needed a sugar detox. I’ve cut out treats this month. Hasn’t been easy because if you know me you know I love chocolate. But so far, so good. I found a recipe for protein balls that have been a life savor. (recipe here)
- Get into a consistent workout schedule as well as eating habits. I have decided to start off the year with meal prepping. It’s not necessarily fun, or easy. But it helps me stick to eating healthy and not over eating (which normally I struggle with).
Acting: These goals are very specific to me. Take time to think about what your goals in your profession are.
- Pass Groundlings School. I’m starting up at a comedy & Improv school at the end of the month. They have 3 different levels in their program and my goal for 2019 is to finish the program.
- Guest staring role in a tv series. Keep a look out for me on your tv’s guys. I’m making this happen 😉
- Write. Write. Write. My acting coach always tells us how important it is to write your own content to perform. I’ve never done it before but going to work really hard to at least start with writing a scene this year.
Spiritual: No matter what your religion is I believe it is important to connect with your spiritual side. To help find purpose and meaning. That way when life gets hard you have something to help pull you through. My goals for spiritual are very simple.
- Read the scriptures daily
- Go to church weekly
- Go to the temple monthly
Other: Lastly I have a few goals that don’t necessarily fall in a category but things I’ve been wanting to do and realized 2019 is the year.
- Take at least 1 college corse per semester. Not sure if you guys know, but I went to my freshman year at BYU. I put education on hold to pursue acting. Crazy to say it, but I miss learning. I even miss studying lol. So I’m going to ease into it and start taking class again online.
- Travel. Life is too short and there is so much of the world I haven’t seen. I’m aiming to go to Greece this year. Been my dream ever since I was a little girl and watched Mama Mia for the first time.
Well, if you read all of that thank you. Thank you for following my story. I hope this helped you think of resolutions you have for 2019. Write down your goals and make them happen. There is now time like the present. If you don’t try you will never know! Haha okay I think that’s enough corny inspirational quotes.
Here’s to the dreamers.